Published on September 05, 2013
Awards & Recognitions
- Truven Health Analytics named LMH among the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals® in 2013 and 2014. LMH was the only hospital in Kansas and western Missouri to receive the award for both years.
- In 2013 The Joint Commission named LMH a national
Top Performer on Key Quality Measures™ for heart attack, pneumonia and surgical care (based on 2012 performance data). The achievement marked the second year in a row that LMH received national recognition as a Top Performer, having also received the 2012 award for 2011 performance in the same three categories.
- In 2013 Becker’s Hospital Review named LMH to its 100 Great Community Hospitals list.
- LMH has been included on the 2013 Top 100 HealthStrong Hospitals list by iVantage Health Analytics. The Hospital Strength Index ranking system compares more than 4,400 general acute care hospitals across a continuum of financial, value-based and market-driven performance indicators.
- Hospitals and Health Networks magazine named LMH one of Health Care’s Most Wired Hospitals in 2011, 2012 and 2013. LMH is nationally recognized for leading the way in technological integration.
- In 2012 Moody’s Investors Service, one of the country’s top credit rating agencies, upgraded LMH’s long-term credit rating to A1 level, validating the hospital’s strong financial performance and making LMH one of the smallest net revenue hospitals in the country to achieve this rating. The A1 level was reaffirmed in 2013.
- Ingram’s magazine in Kansas City recognized LMH as one of the region’s Best Companies to Work For in 2012.
- In 2012 LMH was certified as a Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission.
- LMH was certified as an Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI (percutaneous coronary intervention) by The Society of Chest Pain Centers in 2012.
- The LMH Regional Oncology Center offers patients access to more than 150 clinical trials, placing LMH among the top hospitals in the state and region for cancer research. LMH is a member of the Midwest Cancer Alliance and the Wichita Community Clinical Oncology Program.