Awards & Recognition
- In 2016, Truven Health Analytics named LMH among the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals® for the fourth consecutive year. LMH is the only hospital in Kansas to earn this prestigious distinction four times.
- In 2015 The Joint Commission named LMH a national Top Performer on Key Quality Measures™ for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, stroke care and surgical care (based on 2014 performance data). The achievement marked the fourth year in a row that LMH received national recognition as a Top Performer.
- Becker’s Hospital Review named LMH to its 100 Great Community Hospitals list in 2016 as well as 2015, 2014 and 2013.
- LMH has been included on the HealthStrong Hospitals list by iVantage Health Analytics for three straight years. The Hospital Strength Index ranking system compares more than 4,400 general acute care hospitals across a continuum of financial, value-based and market-driven performance indicators.
- Hospitals and Health Networks magazine named LMH one of Health Care’s Most Wired Hospitals in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016. LMH is nationally recognized for leading the way in technological integration.
- In 2012 Moody’s Investors Service, one of the country’s top credit rating agencies, upgraded LMH’s long-term credit rating to A1 level, validating the hospital’s strong financial performance and making LMH one of the smallest net revenue hospitals in the country to achieve this rating. The A1 level was reaffirmed in 2015.
- Ingram’s magazine in Kansas City recognized LMH as one of the region’s Best Companies to Work For in 2012.
- In 2012 LMH was certified as a Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission.
- The LMH Regional Oncology Center offers patients access to more than 150 clinical trials, placing LMH among the top hospitals in the state and region for cancer research. LMH is a member of the Midwest Cancer Alliance and the Wichita Community Clinical Oncology Program.