The chaplains of Lawrence Memorial Hospital tend to the spiritual needs of our patients, caregivers and hospital personnel. They advocate and support the belief that caring for the body is not effective if mind, heart and soul are ignored. Chaplains provide comfort and peace, and in doing so, they support the hospital as a place of hope and healing.
At LMH, a full-time, interfaith, board-certified chaplain is on duty throughout the week. On-call chaplains are available evenings and weekends. Together, our chaplains provide:
- A listening ear
- A shoulder to cry on
- Spiritual assessment
- Emotional and spiritual support
- Faith crisis intervention
- Grief and bereavement support
- Blessings, prayer and sacraments
- Funerals and memorial services
- Spiritual wellness presentations
- Referral and networking with community clergy
- Our full-time chaplain is Rev. Angela Lowe, BCC. She can be reached at 785-505-3140 (or you may ask an LMH staff member to page her).
- Our evening and weekend chaplains are volunteers who generously make themselves available to provide spiritual guidance and support. Our volunteer chaplains are on-call, so ask an LMH staff member to assist you with reaching them when needed.
In addition, patients and visitors are always welcome at our chapel on the second floor of LMH. For more information, call LMH at 785-505-5000.