Palliative care helps patients whose disease is not responsive to curative treatment, meaning they cannot be cured. Our Palliative Care Consult Team at Lawrence Memorial Hospital has advanced training in helping patients with life-threatening or severely advanced illnesses that are expected to progress.
Palliative care at LMH is focused on alleviating the patient's suffering and promoting quality of life. Our team consists of physicians, nurses and social workers who provide comfort when a cure is not possible. Palliative Care supports end-of-life planning and dignity for patients and their families.
The LMH Palliative Care Consult Team provides:
- Assistance with diagnosis, prognosis and options for care in the hospital and at home
- Inpatient consults for pain and symptom control
- Family conferences to assist in setting goals of care and planning for needs
- Coordination of services at time of discharge
- Support for family members
For more information, call 785-749-6473.