VenaCure EVLT ™
Laser treatment for varicose veins and venous insufficiency
At Lawrence Vein Center, our board-certified physicians specialize in VenaCure EVLT™, a safe and effective method for treating varicose veins and chronic venous insufficiency (CVI, also called venous reflux or venous stasis), which develops when the valves that keep blood flowing from the legs become damaged or diseased.
Guided by ultrasound imaging, our physician inserts a special thin fiber through a very small entry point in the skin. A laser light is emitted through the fiber, and as the fiber is pulled back through the vein it delivers just the right amount of energy. This causes the vein to close and seal shut. Once the vein is sealed shut, blood then naturally reroutes to healthy veins.
The VenaCure EVLT system uses targeted laser energy to seal the vein shut and help you look and feel better fast.
- Treatment in less than an hour
- Can be performed in the doctor’s office
- Up to 98% success rate
- Immediate relief of symptoms
- Return to normal activity immediately – with little or no pain
- No general anesthesia or hospitalization
- Minimal-to-no scarring
- Typically is covered by insurance
Here’s what to expect from the VenaCure EVLT procedure:
- Your doctor uses ultrasound to map out your vein.
- Local anesthetic is applied.
- A thin laser fiber is inserted through a tiny entry point, usually near the knee.
- Laser energy is delivered to seal the faulty vein.
- Walking immediately after the procedure is encouraged. Normal daily activity can be resumed; just avoid rigorous activities such as gym workouts.
- There may be minor soreness and bruising. Any discomfort can be treated with over-the-counter, non-aspirin pain relievers as necessary.
Click here for frequently asked questions about VenaCure EVLT.