Customer Information Specialist II - Overnight Shift
Customer Information Center
Reporting to the CIC Coordinator, the Customer Information Specialist functions as a vital communications link between the hospital and its customers. The Customer Information Specialist handles internal and external telephone operations, physician answering service calls, physician referral system, and customer information requests by phone. The Customer Information Specialist also is responsible for responding quickly, calmly and accurately to all codes and alarms.
Department: Customer Information Center
Location: Lawrence, Kansas
Job Type(s): Part-time
Agreed Hours Per Pay Period: 48 hours every 2 weeks
Schedule/Shift: 11:00pm-7:00am; flexible on which nights
- High school graduate or equivalent; six months of communications, customer service or receptionist experience preferred.
- Basic computer skills.
- Strong customer service skills essential.
- Must be able to work within a flexible schedule to meet department's needs; promptness and reliability are essential.
- Requires autonomy; critical thinking skills and ability to be independent and flexible in decision making is vital.
- Exceptional customer services skills required.
Applicants must be able to meet the following physical requirements:
- frequent reaching and use of manual dexterity
- sit, stand, and walk occasionally
- lift/carry and push/pull 15 lbs occasionally
- climb, stoop, bend, squat and kneel occasionally
- lift/carry and push/pull 5 lbs frequently