Director - Patient Financial Services
While promoting and modeling world class customer service, responsible for providing proactive leadership to the hospital revenue cycle in the areas of preregistration; insurance eligibility, patient responsibility estimation; inpatient, outpatient and emergency room registrations; patient billing; insurance follow up; customer service and patient financial counseling; monitoring the charity policy; cashiering; mailroom, and results reporting. Responsible for maintaining positive vendor relationships for early-out collections; bad debt collections; claims processing; managed care payment audits and others in the departments. Accountable for the preparation of and operating within annual departmental operating and capital budgets. This position requires ongoing analysis of internal procedures to improve and streamline work flows, maximizing productivity as well as ensuring information technology assets are used to their maximum capabilities.
Must be willing and able to work collaboratively with peers in a fast paced environment while maintaining compliance with all applicable laws and regulations and optimizing payment from third parties.
Department: Patient Accounts
Location: Lawrence, Kansas
Job Type: Full-Time
Agreed Hours Per Pay Period: 80
- Education - Bachelor's degree in Business or Healthcare or related field required; Master's degree preferred
- Experience - 5-7 years of recent proven revenue cycle experience in a leadership position in an acute care facility or health system of similar size or larger
- Skills - Well developed leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of healthcare revenue cycle processes and IT systems. Familiarity with LEAN/Six Sigma principles preferred.
- Exceptional customer service skills required
Applicants must be able to meet the following physical requirements:
- constant use of manual dexterity
- sit, stand, walk and reach frequently
- lift/carry and push/pull 18 lbs frequently
- climb, stoop, bend, squat, kneel occasionally
- lift/carry and push/pull 35 lbs occasionally