Maternal Child Tech
The Maternal Child Tech functions as a member of the patient care team, under the supervision of a registered nurse (RN), and under the direction of the director and CNS. Performs unit receptionist and clerical duties, including transcribing orders and ordering supplies. Demonstrates behavior that promotes positive customer realtions with patients, physicians and coworkers. Functions in the role of first scrub for cesarean sections and is responsible for the cleanliness and stocking of this area.
Department: Maternal Child
Job Type(s): Part-Time
Agreed Hours Per Pay Period: 2, 12 hour shifts per week; 48 hours (every two weeks)
Schedule/Shift: Varies per need
- Requires one of the following credentials:
- Current Kansas Practical Nurse license (LPN)
- Current Kansas Certified Nurse Aide certification (CNA)
- Scrub Tech certification as a CST, completion of a scrub tech program with documentation of course content and months of training or documentation of competency related to OJT.
- Senior Nurse Tech - Current enrollment in a registered nursing program with course completion for credit at the level of senior nursing student and a copy of coursework task validation.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) within 90 days of hire
- Exceptional customer service skills required
Applicants must be able to meet the following physical requirements:
- stand, walk, hear and see constantly
- lift/carry 38 lbs and push/pull 25 lbs frequently
- stoop/bend, squat/kneel, and reach frequently
- lift/carry 75 lbs and push/pull 50 lbs occasionally