Better Breathers Clubs are welcoming support groups for people with COPD or other lung diseases, who often feel alone and isolated. COPD is short for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, and includes emphysema and chronic bronchitis. Together, members learn the skills that help manage their condition and improve their quality of life.
The LMH Better Breathers Club, a support Group for People with Chronic Lung disease and their loved ones, meets at 1pm every fourth Wednesday of the month, in conference room E. The April 30th topic is "What is COPD?".
About Chronic Lung Disease in the U.S.
• About 12 million people have been diagnosed with COPD, which includes emphysema and chronic bronchitis.
• There are as many as 12 million more people who have COPD but don’t know it
• Just over 17 million adults have asthma
• More than 200,000 new cases of lung cancer are diagnosed each year
• About 140,000 Americans have been diagnosed with pulmonary fibrosis
• More than 12 million Americans have sleep apnea
• Many adults with chronic lung disease also have other chronic diseases
• People with chronic lung disease are greatly affected by indoor and outdoor air quality
Contact Becky Murphy, RRT at 785-505-2850 to RSVP or for additional information.
The American Lung Association is the leading organization working to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease. With your generous support, the American Lung Association is “Fighting for Air” through research, education and advocacy. For more information about the American Lung Association or to support the work it does, call 1-800-LUNG-USA (1-800-586-4872) or visit www.LungUSA.org