LMH Named Among 100 Top Hospitals
It’s official! Lawrence Memorial Hospital is one of the nation’s top 100 hospitals. As the only hospital in Kansas and Missouri to receive the distinguished 2013 Truven Health 100 Top Hospitals® award, we are proud to say it reflects our unwavering commitment to the health of our community.
Truven Health Analytics (formerly the health care division of Thomson Reuters) uses objective, quantitative data to identify 100 U.S. hospitals that outperform more than 2,800 others. This highly celebrated program is now in its 20th year, and being named a Truven Health top hospital is a very prestigious achievement. LMH proudly earned this distinction through outstanding performance in each of the following categories:
- In-hospital mortality
- Medical complications
- Patient safety
- Average patient stay
- Patient satisfaction
- Adherence to clinical standards of care
- Post-discharge mortality
- Readmission rates for heart attack, heart failure and pneumonia
Because LMH excels in all these areas, our patients have better survival rates, fewer complications, better long-term outcomes, shorter hospital stays and superior overall hospital experiences. Truven Health research further reveals that, as a top 100 hospital:
- LMH excels across our entire organization, from high quality patient care to financial management, community benefits and more.
- We have very strong board leadership, and all hospital leaders at LMH are very effective with management and organizational goal development.
- We follow care standards more closely than any other hospital in Kansas or Missouri, and 2,800 other hospitals throughout the U.S.
- We value a culture of excellence and performance improvement throughout every aspect of our organization.
- We follow Baldrige practices for performance excellence closely.
- We build on our achievements and continuously raise our own standards of excellence.
- We use advanced information technology processes.
From our hospital leaders to our clinicians, staff and volunteers, LMH is proud to share this honor with our community. For more information on the Truven Health study, visit 100tophospitals.com.
The Truven Health 100 Top Hospitals study is published annually, with data reflecting three to five year performance. Hospitals cannot apply for the 100 Top Hospitals award, and winners do not pay to market this honor.