The summer junior volunteer program gives area middle school and high school students an opportunity to experience working in the hospital environment. The program is sponsored by the LMH Auxiliary and is under the direction of the Volunteer Services Department.
Participants must be:
- at least 14 years old
- available to work 6 hours per week for at least 4 weeks
- interested in helping your community, and
- possibly interested in a health care career
First year junior volunteers have the opportunity to rotate through several different departments to get an overall feel for the hospital.
The summer program runs for a structured 4-week period, with the option to volunteer either in June, in July, or both full months.
New students interested must attend an informational session with a parent or guardian in order to receive the application for the summer program. Information sessions will be:
- Saturday, February 25th, 1pm-2pm OR
- Wednesday, March 1st, 6:30-7:30pm
To RSVP, email Lauren.Cobb@LMH.org including which session you will attend.
Requirements for the Summer 2016 program:
- Application, including a personal statement. Applications will be sent to attendees at the Information Session only.
- 30 minute interview with Volunteer Services
- Parent's permission to volunteer
- Letter of reference from an adult other than a family member
- 2 TB skin tests provided by LMH
- Group Class Orientation
Being a Junior Volunteer at Lawrence Memorial Hospital is a great way to make a difference. Besides learning about the hospital environment, Junior Volunteers find out for themselves the satisfaction that comes from helping others.
If you have questions, contact Lauren at (785)505-3146 or Lauren.Cobb@LMH.org.