The 2015 Summer Junior Volunteer Program is now full for new applicants. Although the deadline for applications is May 15, we have filled all open spots for the summer very fast this year.
Returning junior volunteers: email Lauren.Cobb@LMH.org for more information on volunteer placement no later than May 15. We are still taking applications from returning juniors for placement in a department this summer up until the deadline on May 15, 2015.
The summer junior volunteer program gives area middle school and high school students an opportunity to experience working in the hospital environment. The program is sponsored by the LMH Auxiliary and is under the direction of the Volunteer Services Department.
Participants must be:
- at least 14 years old
- available to work at least one 3 hour shift a week,
- interested in helping your community, and
- possibly interested in a health care career
First year junior volunteers have the opportunity to rotate through several different departments to get an overall feel for the hospital.
The summer program runs for a structured 8-week period, starting the first full week of June through the end of July.
We will offer the junior volunteer program again Summer 2016. Applications for the program will open in mid-April 2016.
Requirements for the Summer 2016 program:
- Online Application, including a personal statement. The application will be up posted on this website next spring.
- 30 minute interview with Volunteer Services
- Parent's permission to volunteer
- Letter of reference from an adult other than a family member
- 2 TB skin tests provided by LMH
- In-class Orientation
Being a Junior Volunteer at LawrenceMemorialHospital is a great way to make a difference. Besides learning about the hospital environment, Junior Volunteers find out for themselves the satisfaction that comes from helping others.
If you have questions, contact Lauren at (785)505-3146 or Lauren.Cobb@LMH.org.