COVID vaccine information for community members 65 and older
As we enter Phase 2 under the leadership of Lawrence-Douglas County Public Health, we are pleased to share the county’s new online survey for Douglas County residents, which can be found at dgcoks.org/vaccineinterestform. As a community member who is 65 years or older, we encourage you to complete this form as soon as possible.
Here are a few important notes:
- If you have already completed this form, which was shared through a number of LMH and community sources late last week, you do not need to submit it again.
- The form allows you to indicate your interest in receiving the vaccine and how you want to be notified when vaccine becomes available. Then, you will be notified when appointments become available and receive instructions about how to sign up. We anticipate sign up options will be available both online and by phone.
- If you can complete this form on a computer rather than smartphone or tablet, that may streamline the process. Also, it is possible to type in the year of birth, rather than scrolling to the appropriate year.
- If you do not have access to a computer, a friend or family member can submit this form for you. Or, you can request assistance from the Senior Resource Center by calling 785-842-0543 during business hours.
- Completing the survey does not create an appointment or reserve a vaccine, but it will help our hospital identify which phase individuals qualify for and help streamline the notification and scheduling process as more vaccine doses become available.
As you know, LMH Health will be assisting the health department in vaccinating Douglas County residents over 65, regardless of where they receive their care. We will be prepared to deliver 500 to 750 vaccines each day through our new drive-thru vaccine clinic on LMH Health’s Main Campus.
With more than 30,000 Douglas County residents who qualify for this phase, this process will take some time and is, of course, contingent on vaccine availability. While we definitely understand everyone is anxious to receive a vaccine, patience will be incredibly important as we navigate these next steps.
For more information, please click here.