2022 LMH Health Foundation Academic Scholarship Program
Thank you for your interest in our academic scholarship program! LMH Health Foundation is honored to grant scholarships each year that are fully funded by our generous donors.
Most of the scholarships require recipients to be an LMH Health employee that has completed at least one year of successful employment at LMH Health (full-time or part-time) and be enrolled in an accredited nursing/healthcare/or related program of study, full time or part time. LMH Health Foundation also offers a limited number of scholarships for children of LMH Health employees, LMH Health volunteers, and nursing students (employed at LMH Health or otherwise) at Baker, Washburn or Emporia Universities. All recipients must have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
All scholarship funds will be paid to the educational institution and applied to the cost of tuition.
Please read the following set of directions carefully and make sure to submit your application packet with all sections complete.
Submit your application
Completed applications are due to LMH Health Foundation by 4:30 p.m. on Friday, April 1, 2022, and may be submitted one the following ways:
- Upload your completed PDF file via the link below (preferred)
- Email your completed PDF file to Foundation@LMH.org
- Physical completed packet turned in to the LMH Health Foundation office at 316 Maine St., Lawrence, KS 66044
- Turn in at the front desk during normal business hours (8:30am-5pm, Monday-Friday)
- Deposit into the drop box to the left of the front door outside of normal business hours
- Mail your completed packet (postmarked on or before April 1, 2022) to
LMH Health Foundation
Attn: Scholarship Committee
316 Maine St.
Lawrence, KS 66044
Only complete applications will be considered. Please be sure to include the following:
- Current school transcript (official transcript is not required)
- Course schedule or proof of acceptance in an accredited program
- Personal statement that addresses the following (limit 250 words)
- What is your career interest and why?
- What impact will this scholarship have on your career goals?
- Share and explain how you put patients first.
- Explain any financial need that you have.
- Letter of recommendation from supervisor (mentor/teacher if not an employee) that must include:
- Name of applicant
- Date of LMH Health employment (if applicable)
- At least one example of how the applicant displays our cultural beliefs
- Supervisor/mentor/teacher signature and title
Submit your completed application online