Strategic Communications Intern
The LMH Health Foundation internship is an excellent opportunity to gain experience in nonprofit strategic communications. This is a paid internship and candidates must be able to work around 15-20 hours each week during the fall 2021 semester. We are looking to hire immediately, and internship start and end date will be determined at that time. The intern will work directly with LMH Health’s vice president of strategic communications and LMH Health Foundation’s executive director, as well as the foundation’s communications coordinator and LMH Health director of marketing and communications.
LMH Health, a non-profit community hospital with 17 clinics across the area, provides more than $25 million in charitable care and financial assistance each year to community member in need. LMH Health Foundation provides more than $3 million of private support to LMH Health, the area’s largest safety net provider committed to caring for all. Gifts ensure an exceptional standard of care, regardless of ability to pay.
I. JOB SUMMARY
The intern’s main duty is to write and edit feature stories and news releases covering the impact of philanthropic support at LMH Health and encouraging future gifts. These stories could feature donors, grateful patients, physicians, and other people impacted by the foundation. The intern may also work in a variety of supportive roles, including assisting with fundraising projects, event planning, and fielding day-to-day inquiries.
II. ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Write feature stories and news releases for LMH Health Foundation
- Edit and proofread stories and news releases
- Assist with fundraising projects
- Assist with event planning
- Assist with social media content
- Assist with administrative duties
- Maintains and ensures confidentiality of sensitive information
- Responsible for other duties as needed or assigned
III. JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent writing and storytelling skills
- Strong copyediting skills, experience with AP style preferred
- Junior level, preferably in a related field (e.g., English, Journalism, Marketing/Communications, Advertising or Public Relations)
- Professional demeanor for representing the foundation with donors and community partners
- Ability to maintain a set schedule and work within deadlines
- Collaborative, collegial approach and an openness to feedback and direction
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of individuals
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite and/or other graphic design software
Thank you for your interest! Please submit your resume, cover letter and three writing samples to Courtney.Bernard@LMH.org.