Cancer Genetic Testing
When it comes to your health, knowledge is power. Learn about your inherited risk of cancer with a personal assessment and genetic testing from LMH Health.
Genes & Cancer
Between five and 10 percent of cancers result from genetic changes passed down from parents to children. Cancer is more likely to be hereditary if:
- The same type develops in more than one relative, especially in multiple generations of a family.
- It occurs at a relatively young age.
- It starts as metastasis, when cancer cells break away from where they first formed
If you have a personal or family history of cancer, ask LMH Health Cancer Center to explore your inherited disease risk. We’ll:
- Analyze your family’s cancer history
- Explain the genetics of cancer
- Make personalized recommendations for cancer screening and prevention
Based on the results of your risk assessment, a doctor will help you decide if genetic testing is right for your family. This test looks for genetic changes linked to cancer.
LMH Health offers panel testing, updated testing, and single site testing to test for the breast cancer (BRCA) gene and colon cancer (HNPCC or APC) genes.
We’ll meet with you to explain your results and review what they mean for your health. Trust us to keep your medical information confidential.