Cardiac Rehabilitation Program
After stabilization from a serious cardiac event – such as angina, heart attack, bypass surgery, valve surgery or angioplasty – certain lifestyle changes and medications may be necessary. Cardiac rehabilitation at LMH Health helps with this transition. Our team of registered nurses, exercise physiologists and nutritionists work together to help you reach your heart health goals.
The LMH Health Cardiac Rehabilitation Program is medically supervised by our cardiologists to help you recover quickly and to stabilize, slow or reverse the progression of heart disease. Your customized cardiac rehabilitation program may include:
- Education to help you better understand and manage heart disease, including medication counseling
- A medically supervised exercise program
- Nutrition counseling aimed at heart disease treatment and prevention
- Strategies to help you modify risk factors for heart disease, such as high blood pressure, smoking, high cholesterol, physical inactivity, obesity and diabetes
- Return-to-work guidance
- Emotional support
Hear what our patients have to say about cardiac rehab at LMH Health
Patient Marty Olson explains what it means to him to have excellence in cardiac rehab so close to home
Benefits of Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Increased stamina, endurance and improved activities of daily living
- Increased understanding of cardiac risk factors
- Increased understanding of nutritional information
- Home exercise guidelines
- Improved psychosocial symptoms such as decrease in anxiety and depression
- Increased understanding of medications and their side effects
Is the LMH Health Cardiac Rehabilitation certified?
The Cardiac Rehabilitation Program at LMH Health is certified by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR). AACVPR requires cardiac rehabilitation tailored to meet your individual needs and goals. Our cardiac rehabilitation nurses, exercise physiologists and nutritionists work closely with your physician to help maximize your ability to fully participate in life after a serious cardiac event.
Due to COVID-19, our Fit for Life programs have been temporarily suspended. But do not worry, once we can safely host these classes again, we will let you know. In the meantime, you can learn more about our Fit for Life programs here.
For updates, please check the newspaper, our website and look for calls from LMH Health. Stay safe and healthy, and we look forward to continue being your health partner.