Hydroworx 2000 pool at the LMH Health West Campus
Some patients need to start their rehabilitation journey a little lighter on their feet, and aquatic therapy offers the perfect treatment solution. If you’ve experienced an orthopedic injury, had a joint replacement or are living with conditions such as arthritis, chronic pain, turn to LMH Health Therapy Services to get you started.
What is aquatic therapy?
Aquatic therapy, also known as hydrotherapy, is a form of physical therapy that takes place in the water to help promote healing and exercise performance. It can help you to:
- Build muscle strength
- Improve balance and coordination
- Increase flexibility, function, mobility and range of motion
- Increase lung capacity
- Offer a less painful treatment option
- Promote healing after surgery
Patients with conditions such as arthritis, chronic pain, lower back pain, neuromuscular and orthopedic injuries may find relief through aquatic therapy. Talk with your doctor to see if a referral for aquatic therapy might be right for you.
Take advantage of warm water, adjustable depth, jets and treadmill in our Hydroworx 2000 pool during your treatment. If you can’t perform exercises on land due to injury, you’ll be able to easily do so in the water. Benefits of the Hydroworx pool include:
- Warm water allows you to relax muscles, decrease muscle guarding and increase flexibility.
- Adjustable depth allowing for partial to full immersion, depending on your treatment plan.
- Jets provide resistance to increase the intensity of exercise.
- The underwater treadmill allows you to have normal functional movement.
- Multi-angled underwater video cameras provide feedback and analysis for both you and your therapist.