The Pre-Admission Clinic
The pre-admission process at LMH Health is an important step in providing you with a comfortable experience. We want you and your family to be well prepared for your surgery. We also want to ensure that our staff has complete medical information in order to provide you with safe and effective care. In our Pre-Admission Clinic, a nurse will review your medical history and discuss your procedure with you in more detail.
What to Bring with You
- Insurance information and photo identification
- A medication list with all dosage information
- Copies of any laboratory information or previous medical records
- Personal belongings and medical essentials including toiletries, glasses, inhalers, etc.
When you check in for surgery, you will be escorted to a private room to put on a hospital gown and secure your personal belongings. Depending on your surgery and health history, additional tests may be performed:
- Lab tests including having your blood drawn
- EKG/ECG (measurements of your heart)
- Other possible tests as determined by your care providers
Your pre-op nurse will start an IV. You will receive medication for anxiety and/or pain, if needed. After your medical history and additional testing is complete, you will be ready for surgery. Please ask questions at any time during the check-in process and let our staff know if you need anything to be more comfortable. Your family is welcome to wait with you before your procedure.