DAISY Award winners
Lawrence Memorial Hospital is proud to recognize the year’s past DAISY Award winners: Christina Robinson, RN; Kris Shurtz, RN; Kenzie Thompson; and Jane Kimble, RN.
Do you know a passionate, professional nurse who deserves recognition? The DAISY Award is an international program that rewards and celebrates the extraordinary clinical skill and compassionate care given by nurses every day. LMH has been a DAISY Award Partner since 2012, recognizing one of our nurses with this special honor every quarter.Each DAISY Award honoree is recognized at a public ceremony in her/his unit and receives a beautiful certificate, a DAISY Award pin, and a hand-carved stone sculpture entitled “A Healer’s Touch.”
Patients, families, visitors, nurses, physicians, and LMH employees are encouraged to nominate a deserving LMH nurse at any time. The criteria include that the nurse:
• Establishes a special connection with patients and their families through trust and emotional support
• Has a positive attitude and demonstrates professionalism at work
• Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills with peers and co-workers
• Collaborates with the health care team to meet patients’ needs
• Exemplifies the mission, vision and values of LMH and the Nursing Division
• Models excellent assessment skills and decision making capabilities.
You may find a nomination form on the LMH website at www.lmh.org/daisy. You can also just email a letter to DAISYcommittee@lmh.org or nominations also can be mailed to: Lawrence Memorial Hospital, Attn: DAISY Coordinator, 325 Maine St., Lawrence, Kansas 66044.