DAISY Award for Extraordinary Nurses
The DAISY Award for Extraordinary Nurses is an international program that rewards and celebrates the extraordinary clinical skill and compassionate care given by nurses. LMH Health has been a DAISY Award partner since 2012, recognizing an LMH nurse with this special honor every quarter.
Each DAISY Award honoree is recognized at a public ceremony in his/her unit and receives a beautiful certificate, a DAISY Award pin, and a hand-carved stone sculpture entitled "A Healer's Touch."
Patients, families, visitors, nurses, physicians and LMH associates are encouraged to nominate a deserving LMH nurse at any time. The criteria include that the nurse:
- Establishes a special connection with patients and their families through trust and emotional support;
- Has a positive attitude and demonstrates professionalism at work;
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills with peers and co-workers;
- Collaborates with the health care team to meet patients' needs;
- Exemplifies the mission, vision and values of LMH and the Nursing Division;
- Models excellent assessment skills and decision-making capabilities.
To nominate a deserving nurse, share your story with us or email us a letter. You may also mail your nominations to LMH Health, Attn: DAISY Coordinator, 325 Maine St., Lawrence, Kansas 66044.