College volunteers have the opportunity to help clinical staff by transporting patients, preparing patient rooms, and stocking supplies.
- At least 18 years old, enrolled in a college program
- Available at least 3 hours every week
- Requires a long-term commitment of at least 40 service hours
- Required tuberculosis blood test
- Required proof of flu vaccine (September through May)
- Required proof of vaccinations, including Hepatitis B, MMR, Tdap, and Varicella
- Required proof of COVID-19 vaccination
- Required background check (costs $15)
Please view the full list of Volunteer Opportunities and submit your application. Volunteer Services will review your application and respond with next steps in the process. If you have any questions about our volunteer program, please email Lauren.Cobb@LMH.org.
Shadowing Opportunities at LMH Health:
- Shadowing is typically a short-term experience, limited to watching only (hands-off).
- Shadowing is available to individuals whose college program of study require shadowing hours.
Requirements: At least 18 years old and out of high school. Fully vaccinated, including flu and COVID immunizations.
Email Students@LMH.org to describe your program requirements to shadow. Please add ‘Shadowing Request’ in the subject line.
Internship Opportunities at LMH:
Internships are available, on a limited basis, for students enrolled in a LMH-affiliated collegiate school that requires a hands-on experience or practicum as part of graduation requirements.
Email Students@LMH.org to describe your course requirements, number of hours needed, desired field, etc. Undergraduates – Please add ‘Internship Request’ to the subject line. Graduate or advanced practitioner students – Please add ‘Internship Request: Advanced Practice’ to the subject line
Requirements: At least 18 years old, in a collegiate program affiliated with LMH Health, fully vaccinated, including flu and COVID immunizations.
Please note: LMH Health does not currently offer "pre-med internships." Pre-med students seeking hospital experience should consider either shadowing or volunteering. Please follow the above directions to apply for the shadowing and/or volunteering programs.