Diabetes Education Center
The Diabetes Education Center at LMH Health offers assistance based on the individual needs of every patient. The Center's certified team, consisting of an advanced-practice nurse, a registered nurse and a dietitian, provides education in small group sessions. Group classes are two 3-hour sessions offered mornings and afternoons.
Diabetes Education and Monitoring
The Diabetes Education Center educates patients about:
- The disease process
- Physical activity and goal setting
- Nutrition and medications
- Acute and chronic complications
- Preconception education and psychosocial effects of diabetes
- CGMS (72-hour continuous glucose monitoring system)
- Insulin pump and sensor training taught by a certified pump trainer
- Other diabetes management strategies, such as intensive insulin therapy
The Diabetes Education Center also offers:
- Free glucose monitoring for patients attending the program
- Free monthly diabetes education/support class
- Free pre-diabetes education classes
The Diabetes Education Center at LMH Health is recognized by the American Diabetes Association as meeting the National Standards for Diabetes Self-Management Education Programs.
Physician's Referral Required
A physician's referral is required for participation in the LMH Health Diabetes Education program. To schedule an appointment, call 785-505-3062 or fax a physician referral form to 785-505-5290.