Lab Services at LMH Health
It’s important to have fast, accurate lab results to ensure you get the care you need when you need it most. The LMH Health Lab performs tests to help your doctor make the best decisions for your care.
LMH Health provides a full-service laboratory that is nationally accredited by the College of American Pathologists, which is the gold-standard for laboratories. We offer on-site routine and emergency testing and provide referrals for specialized testing.
The LMH Health Lab provides services including:
- Blood bank – Identifies blood types and tests blood products to make sure they’re compatible and safe before being used in transfusions and other medical procedures
- Chemistry – Tests blood to detect and diagnose different illnesses
- Cytology – Detects abnormal cells found in cancer and other diseases
- Hematology – Examines blood to measure the number and type of cells and detect blood disorders
- Histology – Examines tissue samples to look for diseases
- Microbiology – Tests for bacteria, fungus and parasites to identify the best treatment for infection
- Molecular – Analyzes genetic makeup of a sample to diagnose diseases and conditions
- Surgical pathology – Studies tissue removed during surgery to help diagnose diseases
How do I prepare for my appointment?
If your doctor decides you need lab testing, they may send you to the LMH Health Lab. Your doctor will give you instructions on what you need to do to prepare for your test. Make sure to follow any instructions because they can affect your test results.
Make sure to bring your photo ID and current health insurance cards. Upon arrival, you must register in Admissions for all testing in the Main Campus lab. You’ll be on your way to the lab within minutes.
- Register at the Arkansas Street entrance 6:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday-Friday, and 7 a.m. to 3 p.m., Saturday
- Register in the Emergency Department, 325 Maine Street, at all other times.
Can I walk in and get a test without seeing my doctor first?
Your doctor must order lab tests from the LMH Health Lab. We do not accept self-referrals.
We do participate in community health fairs throughout the year where we offer some blood testing. Visit our events calendar for upcoming dates and times.
How can I get my results?
Most common lab results are available through My Patient Portal. Some sensitive results aren’t available, including STD screenings, HIV results, endocrine studies, genetic testing and cancer markers.
Because of patient privacy laws, lab staff cannot give you test results. Results can only be given to you by your doctor or nurse. You also may request a copy from Health Information Management Systems (HIMS).