LMH Health earns an “A” in Leapfrog Safety Grade again for Spring 2021
Lawrence, KS – We are excited to announce that LMH Health has earned an “A” for the Spring 2021 Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade. The Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade is the only hospital rating focused exclusively on hospital safety. Its A, B, C, D or F letter grades are a quick way for consumers to choose the safest hospital to seek care. LMH Health had previously earned an “A” from Leapfrog for the Fall of 2020.
Developed under the guidance of a national Expert Panel, the Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade uses up to 27 measures of publicly available hospital safety data to assign grades to more than 2,700 U.S. acute-care hospitals twice per year. The Hospital Safety Grade’s methodology is peer-reviewed and fully transparent, and the results are free to the public.
The Leapfrog Group "A" Grade
“LMH Health is excited to receive an “A” grade from The Leapfrog Group again for the spring of 2021,” said Janette Kirkpatrick, vice president of Clinical Excellence at LMH Health. “During a time where our organization saw high numbers of COVID-19 positive inpatients and safety was more important than ever, it is an honor to have earned the highest grade through it all.”
LMH Health is honored to receive this grade and to have received the highest ranking in care from The Leapfrog Group. Our team is devoted to patient safety and strives to be patient first each day. This grade comes from a series of submissions in 10 different categories: Preventing and Responding to Patient Harm, Medication Safety, Healthcare Associated Infections, Maternity Care, Pediatric Care, Critical Care, Complex Adult Surgery, Care for Elective Outpatient Surgery Patients, Elective Outpatient Surgery – Adult and Elective Outpatient Surgery – Pediatric.
Learn more about these ratings and how LMH Health performed specifically in each category by visiting The Leapfrog Group website here.
“An ‘A’ safety grade is an elite designation that your community should be proud of,” said Leah Binder, president and CEO of The Leapfrog Group. “The past year has been extraordinarily difficult for hospitals, but LMH Health shows us it is possible to keep a laser focus on patients and their safety, no matter what it takes.”
Members of our team and our physician colleagues, in every part of our organization, make improving our quality and safety processes and outcomes a top priority. Thank you to our extraordinary staff for their continued and constant efforts toward patient safety and to our patients for trusting LMH Health with their care.
About The Leapfrog Group
The Leapfrog Group is a nonprofit watchdog organization that serves as a voice for health care consumers and purchasers, using their collective influence to foster positive change in U.S. health care. Leapfrog is the nation’s premier advocate of transparency in health care—collecting, analyzing and disseminating data to inform value-based purchasing and improved decision-making.
About LMH Health
At LMH Health, formerly Lawrence Memorial Hospital, our purpose is to be a partner for lifelong health. We were founded 100 years ago on the principle that everyone in our community is entitled to high-quality healthcare. Our health system includes a 174-bed not-for-profit hospital with the latest diagnostic and surgical technology, the new LMH Health West Campus facility, and 28 primary and specialty care clinics. Supported by more than 1,800 associates and 380 providers, we are dedicated to the health and wellness of our communities and it shows in our physician expertise, innovative care and high standards of clinical excellence.
We are proud of our work. And we regularly earn national and regional honors for our high-quality service, including:
- The Joint Commission recognized LMH Health with Advanced Certification for Primary Stroke Center, and with Certifications for Chest Pain and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD). We’re also one of only two health systems in Kansas to receive Advanced Certification for Total Hip and Knee Replacement.
- LMH Health is consistently recognized for leading the way in technological integration, being named as one of Digital Health's Most Wired programs by the College of Healthcare Information Management Executives.
- LMH Health was named a Blue Cross/Blue Shield Distinction Center+ for maternity care in 2018 and again in 2020. We also earned the High 5 for Mom & Baby Premier recognition from the United Methodist Health Ministry Fund in 2020.
- The American Heart Association/American Stroke Association has recognized LMH Health with the Get With the Guidelines Stroke Gold Plus Achievement Award since 2018 and named us to the Target: Stroke Honor Roll in 2020.
- Becker’s Hospital Review has named LMH Health to its 100 Great Community Hospitals list every year since 2013.