Online Women's Health Information
Women's Health includes OB-GYN care as well as fitness, breast health, concerns pertaining to motherhood and more. The following resources are available to help when you need more information on a variety of women's health topics.
LMH covers a variety of health topics on our YouTube channel, including:
- Online Childbirth Prep Class
- LMH Breast Health: Mammography
- Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)
- Coping with Your Baby's Crying
- Go Red: Michelle's Story About Cardiac Care
Text4baby and Smartphone Applications
We are pleased to promote text4baby, the first free texting service that provides health information to pregnant women and throughout the baby's first year. These messages focus on many important topics surrounding maternal and infant health, such as nutrition, common illnesses, emotional health, birth defect prevention, signs of labor, breastfeeding, immunization and more. Text4baby also connects women to health services by including the phone numbers to relevant national hotlines. For a free subscription, text BABY (or BEBE for Spanish) to 511411.
In addition, many eHealth tools and apps are available for smartphone users. View the complete libraries of Health and Wellness apps for Android, iPhone and BlackBerry.
Additional Resources for Women's Health Information
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office on Women
- Centers for Disease Control on Women's Health
- Center for Young Women's Health
- Women's Health Magazine
- Woman's Day Magazine
- WebMD on Women's Health
- Go Red for Women – American Heart Association
- Lawrence Go Red for Women
- KellyMom.com on Breastfeeding
- Breast Is Best Social (B.I.B.S.) Online