Improve your ability to move fully and with less pain. Choose LMH Health for physical therapy for children and adults. You’ll work with experienced, licensed professionals dedicated to helping you return to the lifestyle you love.
Why Get Physical Therapy?
Physical therapy (PT) may help you:
- Feel better without medications or surgery
- Manage a chronic condition
- Move more freely and easily
- Move with less pain
- Prevent injuries or disease
- Recover from surgery or an injury
Experienced, Licensed Therapists
Trust LMH Health for high-quality physical therapy. You’ll work one-on-one with a licensed therapist focused on helping you achieve your goals. Many of our therapists have advanced training in specialized areas of care.
Conditions We Treat
Ask your doctor if physical therapy may help you prevent injuries and improve symptoms caused by:
Your First PT Appointment
Dress in loose, comfortable clothes for your first physical therapy appointment. During this visit, your therapist will:
- Ask about your symptoms, concerns and goals
- Ask about your ability to do everyday activities at home, work, or school
- Check your strength and ability to move
- Test your balance and posture
Then you’ll discuss your treatment options.
Expect your first appointment to last 45 to 60 minutes. Bring your calendar so you can set up future appointments.
Personalized Care Plan
Work with your PT to create a personalized therapy plan. Depending on your needs, your therapist may recommend:
- Aquatic therapy – Guides you through exercises in the water
- Assistive devices or orthotics – Provide support to help you move more easily and comfortably
- Blood flow restriction training – Limits blood flow to your arm or leg while exercising to help you build muscle strength more quickly while using only light resistance
- Balance and dizziness therapy – Uses exercises to improve balance and reduce related symptoms
- Dry needling – Places very thin needles into trigger points in your muscles to treat pain or improve range of motion
- Exercises – Improve strength, mobility, flexibility, coordination, or balance
- LSVT BIG® – Helps people with Parkinson’s disease and other neurological conditions make bigger motions to improve daily movements
- Manual therapy – Uses hands-on techniques to reduce pain, relax muscles, improve range of motion, or reduce swelling
- Pain management education (Pain University) – Teaches you about the causes of pain and how to control pain without medications
- Pelvic health therapy – Strengthens, stretches, or relaxes pelvic floor muscles
- Wheelchair seating and positioning – Helps to get a correct fit for your wheel chair
Physical Therapy for Kids
Find physical therapy that helps your child develop motor skills and be as independent as possible. Expect us to keep you involved in your child’s care from your very first visit. Partner with your son’s or daughter’s PT to discuss concerns, set goals, and learn how you can help.
Pediatric Conditions We Treat
Look to LMH Health for care of any condition that affects your child’s walking, balance, strength or muscle movement, including:
Count on us to work closely with your pediatrician and other specialists that are part of your child’s care team. If your child has an Individualized Education Plan (IEP), bring it to his or her first pediatric physical therapy appointment.