Get specialized care and treatment from experts at LMH Health to reduce the effects of lymphedema.
What is Lymphedema?
Lymphedema is the fluid build-up that causes swelling in the arms and legs. You may experience lymphedema symptoms because of:
- Hereditary factors
- Lymph node removal
- Radiation therapy
Know the Symptoms of Lymphedema
Tell your doctor if you're experiencing any of the following signs and symptoms:
- Groin tenderness or bloated abdomen after pelvic surgery
- Limb puffiness or enlarged size
- Limb feels hot or warmer than surrounding skin
- Limb redness (this could indicate infection, contact your doctor immediately)
- Limb heaviness sensation or stiffness
- Trunk (torso) swelling or heat on the same side as your surgery
Receive rehabilitation therapy from a lymphedema specialist at LMH Health Therapy Services with a doctor's referral.
Comprehensive, effective lymphedema treatment includes:
- Evaluation to create a personalized treatment plan
- Manual lymph treatment – Light, hands-on technique that drains lymph fluid from the part of the body where the build-up is occurring
- Compression bandaging, garments and/or pumps – Keeps swelling down by applying pressure to reduce blood flow or move fluid in the affected area