Journey Through Parenthood
Cindy Murray Family Birthing Center at LMH Health
As a mom, you want your baby surrounded by family, friends and providers who care, right from the start. That’s one reason we are the birthing center of choice for so many women across Lawrence and our surrounding communities – because it is the smart choice for a safe, comfortable and personalized birthing experience close to home. Here are several other reasons:
- One-to-one nursing care to ensure you always receive the attentive support you deserve
- Comfortable, spacious patient suites designed with comfort in mind
- Whirlpool tubs with customizable heat settings in every labor and delivery room (except one, which provides the option of a walk-in shower)
- White noise technology in every postpartum recovery room to provide a quiet, soothing experience so you and your baby can rest peacefully
- Level II Special Care Nursery supported by neonatologists
- Advanced security that enables your new family to spend time together and focus on bonding with your baby
- Wireless fetal monitoring system that combines safety with mobility
- Personalized breastfeeding support as an important first step in your baby’s lifelong health
- One of the few Baby Friendly designated hospitals in Kansas
- Low C-section rate
- Childbirth classes, baby care workshops and comprehensive online resources
- Parent support groups, fitness programs and more
If it’s important to you, it’s important to us.
You can choose to have your baby with the help of a board-certified OB-GYN physician or a certified nurse midwife. Our lower-than-average Cesarean-section (C-section) rate means we do our best to provide the experience you want while still ensuring the safety of both mother and baby. Together, our physicians, midwives, labor and delivery nurses, and breastfeeding specialists provide personalized care during your pregnancy, delivery and beyond.
At LMH Health, we encourage and support breastfeeding for all moms and babies. Breast milk provides ideal nutrition for baby’s healthy growth and development, and it has several health benefits for moms as well. It is also one of the most powerful and effective ways for mother and baby to bond. However, as natural as breastfeeding is, many new moms and babies need support and guidance to get started, and our experts are here to help. Learn more about our commitment to comprehensive breastfeeding support.
LMH Health is a Baby-Friendly Hospital
Hospitals and birthing centers with the Baby-Friendly designation have been verified by a third-party (Baby-Friendly USA) that holds them accountable to the highest standards for mother/baby care practices related to infant feeding. Learn More
High 5 for Mom & Baby Premier Facility
LMH Health Family Birthing Center is proud to be recognized as a High 5 for Mom & Baby Premier facility. You can count on us to provide evidence-based maternity care that supports a mom’s breastfeeding goals. We’re proud to support mothers and babies by following all ten High 5 for Mom & Baby practices. Learn More
Classes & Events for Growing Families
As a partner for lifelong health, LMH Health hosts a wide array of classes and events to support you and your growing family. Scroll through the images below to explore what we offer. To learn more and register, visit our Pregnancy and Childbirth Events page.
Sign Up for text4baby
LMH Health is pleased to promote text4baby – a free texting service that provides health information to pregnant women and new moms throughout the baby’s first year. Text4baby sends helpful information on a wide range of maternal and infant health topics: nutrition, common illnesses, emotional health, birth defect prevention, signs of labor, breastfeeding, immunizations and more. Text4baby also connects women to health services by including the phone numbers to relevant national hotlines. For your free subscription, text BABY (or BEBE for Spanish) to 511411.
"I had all three of my babies at LMH, and my experience at the Family Birthing Center has been wonderful. I love the fact that LMH is local ... it's filled with people I see on a daily basis in the community – friendly, familiar faces that I can experience that special moment with. That makes me really happy."
— Sarah Meinershagen
Improving Health Together
By donating to LMH Health Foundation, you have an opportunity to impact the health of our community. Your tax-deductible gift contributes to new programs and extends services to more people. Make a powerful difference by donating online today.